Making videos for your business can super charge your business growth this year! Here are the four steps to video marketing for business.
Research shows that businesses who use video grow revenue 49% faster (source Aberdeen). Whether you work at a big company or you own a small business, your videos will have your competition envious over you. So here's what I call “The 4 P’s of Video Marketing.”
This first step is probably the most important yet the most overlooked when it comes to video marketing for business.
Watch the video to see me explain this at a coffee shop!
In the planning stage, this is where you form your strategy. So some of the things you want to write down are your goals, your target audience and what problems you want to solve in this video.
Let's say you own a restaurant and you make your pasta from scratch. That's something that you may want to show your target market in a video—the love that goes into your cooking.
Other areas that you need to plan are where you're going to film the video, who's going to be in it and do you need a script. You also want to make a shot list, this is where you write down what you want to film on video.
This is where you have fun filming! So you're going to take everything you've planned in step one and put the video and audio to it.
Remember there are four simple elements when it comes to production for video marketing for business:
You can click on those links to watch the videos where you can learn all about those in a fun and simple way!
#3 Post Production
This is where you edit the video! So you're going to take all the awesome clips you have and form it into an engaging story. Make sure you have the right messaging so that you achieve your goals in step one. And don't forget about music and graphics because those are like frosting on a cake.
Wondering what editing apps to use?
- If you have a Mac computer or iPhone, I suggest using iMovie. It’s a free and simple editing platform.
- If you have a PC, I recommend Filmora. It’s budget-friendly and very user-friendly.
- And, if you’ll use your Android phone, Kinemaster is also budget-friendly and makes it nice and easy to edit videos.
This is where you show your target audience the awesome video you just made! And there are so many outlets to consider:
- Post it on social media
- Share it to your email list
- Embed it on your blog post (like what I did here!)
- Show it at events, like fundraising events or employee events to boost moral
- Pitch a story to reporters and bloggers and including your video in the pitch
- Post and optimize it on YouTube which is the second most popular search engine
- Make it an ad on Facebook
- And more!
The list goes on and on. Again tie the way you promote your video in with your strategy that you did in step one.
So there you go guys! My “4 P’s” to video marketing for business. If you want to learn how Film Yourself Professionally on a Phone, make sure and grab my FREE training video right here!